Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Cute Hair Tie Hack

Hey everyone, First off, I want to apologize because I am about to straight up let you know that you are wasting your money. Why? Because if you have ever bought or currently buy those popular hair ties that sell like $8.00 for like 5 hair ties a pack, you are being fooled completely. I make my own hair ties and they are just as cute and they keep my hair up just fine. To give you a better understanding, I can make 24 hair ties for just $3. I purchase the elastic cord from Walmart. They come in packs with 4 different patterns on them. You can make 6 hair ties per pattern. So you can do the math, or simply let me tell you. Four times six is twenty four freaking hair ties! These elastic cord packs cost around $2.67 and you could literally make 48 hair ties for $6.00. That price is still less than what other packs of hair ties are retailing for else where. Making them is not intricate or complicated. It's beyond easy and no one should be paying so much for these if you can pay less and get more.

So if you are interested in learning how to make your own, keep on reading and let's get started. I got your back girl :)


First, Go to your local Walmart and find the DIY Jewelry section, which should be by all the arts and crafts supplies section as well. Find Elastic cord. Here is a picture for you to see what the pack should look like.


Next, you'll need to unwrap one of the patterns and start wrapping it around your wrist to measure out the length you will need in order to start cutting. Once I eye ball how much I need for one hair tie, I start cutting the cord by using the first strand I already cut out as reference and that way all of the other strands are the same length.

You'll most likely have 6 strips of elastic cord. You can start tying knots on each end & have hair ties! You can start using them after you tie, but I do add an extra step to finish up making the ties. I like to use a lighter to burn off any strands that stick out & give the ties a clean cut.




1 comment:

  1. I really like your content it is really very inspiring for I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog worldreviewsound-education

    ReplyDelete