Sunday, October 16, 2016

Tennessee to Florida

If you don't know yet, I have moved out of my home in Tennessee. I was still living with my mom and it was great being spoiled. Realistically, becoming an adult is overrated. I promise you it gets a little rough trying to adjust to being "responsible" for yourself. I am now living in Florida on my own seeing if somehow I can grow these little wings. You have no idea how bad I get homesick, or how impeccably lonely I feel at times. Moving to a whole different state where I know absolutely no one is frightening. There is no guidance or a set of solid directions to know where to start when you're trying to begin your own "life". You kind of just have to go with your instinct and from what you already know and have learned already. Knowing that everything is up to you is definitely intimidating. Good thing the beach is only a 10-minute drive from me.

It's crazy that a couple of days ago I was just hanging out with friends and seeing my parents every day. Now I am miles away, on my own trying to figure out what I want to do and trying to find who I am. I think that one can truly learn more about themselves when they are alone and away from everything that was once comfortable. Before moving, I had a routine. I knew what was going to happen each day. Now I am in the process of getting things started. Currently job hunting for something I will enjoy and can help me pay my grown up bills. I am also trying to familiarize myself with where everything is in town. Eventually, I will not need my GPS to drive around and I can't wait when that moment arrives. I'll be settled in and comfortable with my new life.

No comments:

Post a Comment